In this article, we'll show you how to enable two-factor authentication (TFA) on your Coinmatics account. Note that while this security measure is not mandatory, we highly recommend using it.
- Log in to your Coinmatics account
- The system will offer you to enable TFA. Click the "Enable" button and follow the steps. If you skipped it at this step, go to Settings page and click the "Enable" button in the Security section.
- Our system will offer 4 simple steps to enable TFA using the Google Authenticator app. First, you need to download it. You can either scan the QR code (it will open the mobile store page) or find the app manually in the mobile store. After installing the app proceed to the next step.
- In step 2 you'll be shown another QR code. This one must be scanned with the Google Authenticator app. Once you scan it, Coinmatics will appear in your app list. Also, you may choose not to scan the code but to enter the key into the Google Authenticator app manually (if you prefer to manually add Coinmatics).
- In step 3 you'll be shown a secret key that is needed to restore your Google Authenticator app in case you lost it. Securely save the key.
- In step 4 you give your final confirmation and enable TFA on your Coinmatics account. Once you click the "Enable" button, it starts working.
Here's a video guide on how to enable TFA on Coinmatics: